Le Labo is a unique Ontario organization that is a meeting place for Art and Francophone culture. Founded in 2004, Le Labo was incorporated as a non-profit organization in 2006. Le Labo is a Francophone artist-run centre dedicated to the Media Arts. Our mission is to:
- Foster incubation, innovation, creation and production in the Media Arts;
- Promote artistic collaboration and dissemination;
- Train the Labo’s Members, educate future generations of media art producers and introduce media arts to the general public;
- Guarantee the diversification and healthy management of its resources;
- Communicate within and outside the organization actively and efficiently.
In addition to providing access to media production facilities with professional equipment, the Labo’s programming includes residencies, exhibitions, installations, workshops, conferences and artist talks.
Le Labo, francophone artist-run centre, is a hub in Torontoʼs Media Arts community that fosters and supports the creation of its artists.