Join our team by volunteering!
Le Labo offers various volunteer opportunities for public events and exhibitions as well as technical and administrative assistance all year long. Open to people wanting to utilize their French skills in an artistic work evironment.
In order to assist us in the development of our programs, Le Labo is looking for media arts enthusiasts, people genuinely interested in francophone culture and exciting projects to join our team of dedicated volunteers. Whether you have artistic experience or are simply curious about media arts, or are a Francophone, Francophile or studying French, it does not matter. ALL are welcome!
Volunteers get a chance to:
- be at the heart of the artistic creative process
- have the opportunity to meet invited artists and members
- communicate and exchange in French
- expand their network of professional and artistic contacts
The different assignments available to volunteers include:
- Greeting the public and assisting in the organization of exhibition openings and other social events
- Take photographs of the events and of the exhibitions – Distribution of promotional material
- Proof reading French and English copy for immediate circulation
- Technical support (painting, wall fixtures…) for the installation of works of art
- Archival and administrative assistance
Le Labo is an artist run center that is part of both the artistic and the francophone communities in Toronto. The objectives of Le Labo are to support the incubation, innovation, creation and production in media arts, as well as to promote the collaboration and the dissemination. Exhibitions, installations, residencies as well as workshops and conferences are part of our regular programming.